Click to learn more about classes, pricing and directions to our locations in Bend

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Facing Fall Head On at Stroller Strides


If you stepped outside on the High Desert today you were faced with reality. Fall is here. Summer is on her way out. Now I know she may go slowly over the next few weeks, but there is no denying that fall is ready to take her place. This is bittersweet to me because I LOVE fall, but I'm not quite ready to relinquish my summer.

Since we had virtually no spring I am sad to see the warm weather go. With busy little kids this is even more difficult because gone are the morning of sending them outside to play on the swing set in their jammies. Now we have to kit up with pants, socks, sweatshirts and soon snowsuits and mittens. Ahhhhhh, summer don't go! I'm not quite ready to be cooped up in the house with two balls pure energy.

However, there are some bright spots to be seen, especially at Stroller Strides. For the month of September we are going to milk the weather for all it's worth. One way we'll do that is by adding Tuesdays to our line-up of classes. Every Tuesday in September we will be meeting at Pilot Butte State Park to do a butte climb class. We will be walking up the butte with our babies, doing a mini-workout at the top and coming back down.

I'm very excited to add this class to our already great class schedule because it will mix things up a little bit. Adding hills to your regular walking routine triples your calorie burn. With the holidays just around the corner and Little Black Dress season coming fast why not be ready? Why not make this your year to shine! I think this class will really jump start our workouts and we'll all be Little Black Dress ready come November.

If you'd like to join us for our butte climb classes or want to know more about Stroller Strides, please visit us at: www.strollerstrides.net/bend

1 comment:

Rose DesRochers said...

Stroller strides sounds interesting. I too am sorry to see Summer good. I'm looking forward to fall, just not what follows it.