Click to learn more about classes, pricing and directions to our locations in Bend

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Stroller Strides Dad gets his hiney kicked!!

I love this post from a dad in Long Island, NY. If you think Stroller Strides is just a walk in the park - check this out:

Monday, February 18, 2008

Stroller Strides

Today I accompanied my ladies to their weekly workout session, known as "Stroller Strides." I assumed that this consisted of a bunch of mommies and babies strolling around, chatting away, sucking down coffee and watching the babies play for a couple of hours before coming home and telling me how great of a workout it is. When Angela approached me a few weeks ago about a family session, where the daddies were also invited to attend, I told her I would come, thinking it would be a doddle around the mall where I would score some points and a lunch at Cheesecake Factory afterwards.

So, when I arose this morning, I was getting ready to go by putting on my jeans and t-shirt, when Angela tells me I need to wear workout clothes. "HA!" I scoffed! Me, the newly "athletic" guy, he who barely sweats during a 4 mile run, he who works out 4-5x a week, He-Man, need to wear workout clothes to Stroller Strides with a bunch of girls?? "COME ON!" I proclaim! "This is going to be a walk in the park, I don't need to wear workout clothes!"

"Yes, you do. I promise you will be sweating by the end of it."

"WHATEVER, I daresay I shant sweat a drop!" (note the british accent in my writing - I feel british today)

"You are not wearing jeans. NO JEANS!"

"Yes ma'am." I said, fully intending to do as I pleased anyway.

"I bet you that you will sweat during class today."

"You are on!"

"What are we betting for?"

"Lunch at the Cheesecake Factory!" (YES!)

So, I popped on my jogging pants and Thundercats T-shirt (a compromise - marriage is all about it!), and off we went.

I was sweating my balls off within 10 minutes.

These mommas do NOT mess around. The instructor had us trotting around, doing wall-sits, bicep curls, tricep extensions, squats, lunges, pushups and crunches....all while singing the alphabet song and "The Wheels On The Bus." I actually had to go into Old Navy and buy a t-shirt because I was sweating so badly, I didn't want to go to lunch smelling funky.

So, I hereby eat my words and pour much respect upon my wife and all of the Stroller Strides mommas.

No comments: