Click to learn more about classes, pricing and directions to our locations in Bend

Monday, February 11, 2008

Moms that Inspire




In looking back at how far I've come since starting Stroller Strides in Bend it has been very fun to see the progress I've made. What a fun business. I had really high expectations going into this adventure and almost none of them were met the way I thought they would be met. And yet I'm enjoying myself immensely.

The day to day business has been a challenge and a very satisfying part of the process for me. I love the marriage of my organizational and creative sides. I love using all these different sides of my brain each day.


Teaching class has also been challenging, but in a wonderful way. I never thought I would be a fitness instructor, but I love finding new ways to push the moms, keep the kids happy and keep it interesting for everyone. I've seen some really great changes in my own body and developed a strong sense of purpose for how I want to live, eat and exercise.

The most surprising aspect of this venture has been the relationships with the moms that I have developed. I love hanging out with these ladies several days a week. We have such interesting conversations and I truly enjoy watching each of them parent their children. I've learned a lot from each of them and I love seeing them interact with their children. It is fun to be a part of a group of women who care for, love and nurture their children so well. They really inspire me to be a better mom and a better woman.

Life is full of surprises and my life is so much better because of Stroller Strides. Not only has owning the business brought me joy, but meeting the moms that bring inspiration to my life each time we work out has made a huge impact on me and I am grateful to each one for her positive contribution to my life.

No comments: