Click to learn more about classes, pricing and directions to our locations in Bend

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Another dad experiences Stroller Strides

And here's another one......

Monday, February 18, 2008

Stroller Striding Kicked My Butt

When Amanda told me that husbands were allowed for free today at Stroller Strides I thought that all of us husbands would be sitting at Starbucks schmoozing over a refreshing Vanilla Bean Frappucino while we watched our wives sweating it out at the mall with Strollers in hand. As soon as I showed up and was handed an elastic rope with handles on it, I knew that I was in for something else. In the hour that we were there this morning, we stretched, power-walked, lunged, squatted and pulled a few muscles that haven't been used, well, ever.

By the end I was crying Mercy and was so tired that I finally got my wish, a refreshing rest at Starbucks with all of the other mothers and fathers (and babies!) I've felt the pain of the workout since this morning and each step that I take in the house is not a pleasant one at all.

So what lesson did I learn from my experience this morning? My wife who just had a baby three months ago can outlast, outwit and outplay me. Touché.

No comments: