Click to learn more about classes, pricing and directions to our locations in Bend

Monday, July 14, 2008

Beating the gas prices at Stroller Strides

Gas is ridiculous in my town right now. Probably in yours too. My dad recently came for a visit and said that in Colorado he is paying $3.85 for a gallon while I am paying $4.25. That's a pretty significant difference. I don't understand how it all works - how a place in the middle of the country pays less than a place on the coast. It's all Greek to me.

But to beat the insanity that is now my reality I've started riding my bike to Stroller Strides. Here's a picture of my set up.

It's called an Xtracycle and it's my regular bike with an extension on the back that allows me to carry my Stroller Strides bag with all my gear and then attach a trailer for my kids. The trailer turns into a stroller so we use that for class.

Unfortunately it's all uphill from my house to class, but it definitely warms me up. And, then I get the reward of going downhill home. It's pretty sweet.

Well, I hope you are finding ways to beat the craziness at the pump. I doubt it will get any better soon. But why not be happy in spite of the gloom? This bike makes me very, very happy!

2 comments:

SiouxGeonz said...

You rock & roll :-)

Anonymous said...

Great workout and quality time with the kiddo! Keep on the good spirit!
Jazmin