Click to learn more about classes, pricing and directions to our locations in Bend

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Stroller Striding to better health and happiness!

Being a mom has its definite challenges. Looking out the window and seeing your kid eat a fist full of sand. Hearing screaming from in the other room and finding one kid sitting on the other kid's head. Having your kid draw a mustache on her lip (and only half-a-one at that) because she wants to be like daddy.

All these things can really raise your stress levels. But I'm finding that my moods are so much more even keeled because I'm working out, staying healthy and I have an outlet for my frustrations as well as a wonderful group of women with whom to share my successes.

Stroller Strides is making that difference for me and for the other moms in our classes. It's so fun to do stroller squats and bust out laughing because of something a kid said or did. It's also comforting to share the hurts and challenges with one another. As we support each other we get support in return. How cool is that?

I just ate a burger for dinner with my husband and kids, but I also had a great workout today and I feel good about my body and my life. Times are tough for everyone it's true, but Stroller Strides is really a grounding force in my life and I hope in the lives of the moms in our classes.

I'm so grateful for Stroller Strides. And tomorrow's workout will be much needed (remember the burger?) but also much appreciated as we squat and laugh our way to better health together.

No comments: